Why we are the best choice for your pet’s surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At New Paltz Animal Hospital your pet’s safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet’s comfort.
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
Veterinary Surgical Services
New Paltz Animal Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer the following soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries:
Soft Tissue Surgery
Cystotomy (bladder stone removal)
Gastric Dilation (bloat) with Volvulus (torsion), or GDV, surgery
Gastrotomy (stomach surgery)
Enucleation (eye removal)
Lumpectomy (mass removal from skin, eyelid, liver, spleen, etc.)
Pyometra (removal of the female reproductive organs)
And other general surgeries as needed
Bone Fracture Repair
Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA)